Engineering Contractor 3 - Weight & Balance/Mass Properties - Dallas in GAC Dallas
FAA Regulated?: No
Weight & Balance/Mass Properties
Perform detailed estimating and analysis tasks supporting impacts to aircraft weight and balance and flight envelope. Establish and support control methods for weight and balance of in process and completed assemblies and installations. Support actual weight and balance of aircraft, direct interfacing with various organizations within completions. Track and maintain all mass properties information and support maturing of internal processes. Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Must be able to work extended hours as required. Should have working knowledge of FAR Part 25 certification requirements.
Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results. Willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach. The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Analyzes and calculates weight data of structural assemblies, components, and loads for purposes of weight, balance, loading, and operational functions. Generates weight & balance estimates and final weight and balance reports.
- Weighs parts, assemblies, or completed product, estimates weight of parts from engineering drawings, and calculates weight distribution to define balance.
- Excellent communication skills, the position requires direct interaction with designers and operations personnel.
- Detailed oriented, must be able to maintain detailed records.
- Extensive experience with cabin interiors components such as, galleys, closets, headliners, tables, window shades, avionics systems, wring, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Weight & Balance/Mass Properties Engineering.
- Assisting designers in selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- AutoCAD Knowledge is a must and CHS/EWIS/EHI Methodology is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Requisition Number: 177288
Department: J0710-Completion Engineering
Number of Openings: 1
Pay Rates: Hourly Pay Rate Range From:63.00 To:68.25
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.