Contractor 3 (Software Engineer - Java) in Savannah, GA
FAA Regulated?: No
Become a key member of the software team responsible for the Gulfstream Cabin Management System and related components within the cabin of advanced Gulfstream aircraft.
1) Designs, develops, tests, and integrates software modules of varying scope and complexity to meet program objectives
2) Works within a team environment, promoting cohesiveness and continuous improvement
3) Maintains and troubleshoots multiple software projects designed for various platforms, with primary focus on Java platforms & products
4) Interfaces with other groups and customers as needed during design/development and troubleshooting
5) Maintains a current knowledge of developments, both process and technical, related to software development in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness, as well as to offer creative and informed opinions in the course of troubleshooting and debugging.
6) Participates as needed in any or all of the software design phases, including requirements generation, software design, code implementation, validation, and documentation of the results
* Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision when required
* Proficiency developing/maintaining Java applications
* Experience using revision control, git preferred
* Ability to follow a software development process, such as Agile
* Experience with one or more of the following a plus: UI/UX design/development, Design Patterns, Spring
* Network engineering skills are a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
Requisition Number: 180182
Department: J0506-Cabin Programs
Number of Openings: 2
Pay Rates: Hourly Pay Rate Range From: 60.00 To: 65.00
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.